Saturday 25 March 2017

PAUL: ‘I WROTE MY BEST HITS IN MY BEDROOM’: PAUL SAYS HE AND JOHN PENNED THEIR BEST BEATLES HITS WHILE SAT ‘OPPOSITE EACH OTHER ON TWIN BEDS’

Paul has revealed that he and John Lennon wrote their best tracks while sitting ‘opposite each other on twin beds’.
The Beatles star recalled moments where the two of them would ‘spin off each other’ as they came up with new melodies.
Asked about his experience of writing music, the 74-year-old, who formed the Beatles in 1960 with Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, said: ‘There’s a million ways to write, but the way I always used to write was with John and it would be across from each other, either in a hotel bedroom on the twin beds, with an acoustic guitar and we’re just looking at each other.
Sir Paul (left) said it was 'always my big memory' seeing John Lennon (right) come up with melodies in front of him
Paul said it was 'always my big memory' seeing John Lennon (right) come up with melodies in front of him
‘He’d make up something, I’d make up something and we’d just spin off each other.
‘It’s always my big memory, is seeing John there, him being right-handed, me being left-handed, it felt to me like I was looking in a mirror.’

He said that the reason they worked so well together was because they had grown up together, and therefore had ‘developed a way of working’.
Such was his fondness for that method that when it came to writing his final album of the 80s, Flowers In The Dirt, with Elvis Costello, he did the same.
Speaking to DJ Matt Everitt on BBC Radio 6 Music, he said: ‘But it was a great way to work and because we were kids together, and we’d known each other since our teenage years, we’d developed a way of working that would be one of us would start an idea, and the other one would spin off it.
Sir Paul was so fond of his method that he replicated it writing his final 80s album with Elvis Costello 
Sir Paul was so fond of his method that he replicated it writing his final 80s album with Elvis Costello 
‘Obviously, it was very successful. So that was a way I had learned to write and it was the way I liked to write and Elvis was very happy to work like that. So it was like a repeat of that process, and so he was John, basically, and I was Paul.’
The songwriting partnership between Lennon and Sir Paul is one of the most successful collaborations in history.
The partnership was different to most others in that both Lennon and Sir Paul wrote words and music.
The Beatles released 12 albums between 1963 and 1970 and have more number one albums then any other British group
The Beatles released 12 albums between 1963 and 1970 and have more number one albums then any other British group
The Beatles released 12 albums between 1963 and 1970 and have had more British number one albums and singles than any other group.
Speaking of working alongside Lennon, Sir Paul said he could ‘never have a better collaborator’.
‘That is just a fact’, he added.
‘So I don’t try and escape it. I just know there’s no way I can find someone now who’s going to write better stuff with me than I wrote with John.’
Sir Paul is worried his new album is going to be 'the flavour of the month'
Paul is worried his new album is going to be 'the flavour of the month'
Sir Paul went on to discuss the new album he has been working on with Adele’s producer Greg Kurstin, but said he is concerned people will think he is ‘going with the flavour of the month’.
He said: ‘I’m making a new album which is great fun. I’m working with a producer I first worked with two years ago on a piece of music I’m doing for an animated film. Since then, he went on to work with Beck and got album of the year with Beck.
‘Then he went on to work with Adele and has just got song of the year, record of the year, with Adele, and just got producer of the year. So my only worry is, people are going to go, “Oh, there’s Paul going with the flavour of the month”.´






source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment